Cee Neuneer’s On the Hunt for Joy Challenge this week is Let a kid decorate. Being British and perhaps old-fashioned I have changed the title from kid to child!
Sometimes it is impossible to prevent children and young people from making their mark somewhere. Around the village decorated pebbles have multiplied. Many youngsters must have been busy!
This time my photos are of sandstone rocks on the beach. A few years ago the two rocks used to be one. I can remember the time we went to the beach and found that a large rock had split during a storm. The subsequent storms and normal tides have separated the two parts of the rock. Here in Britain we have been encouraging our key workers in the National Health Service (NHS) by clapping at 8pm on Thursdays and with rainbows displayed in windows.
The artwork on the rocks is by person or persons unknown, although someone called George may be a suspect. (The flat rock has a face with that name lightly scratched on the surface.)
Rocks on the beach
For the NHS
The bee is a local symbol and it just happens that today (20 May) is #WorldBeeDay.
Using the search facility on my computer and the keyword ‘yellow’, I found a photo of a sunflower. We haven’t grown any for a long time. This year we are growing wallflowers from seed I collected and hubby planted and tended. He has prepared a strip of garden for them later. (When I looked round the garden in March I thought we had lost our wallflowers!)
This week’s On the Hunt for Joy Challenge from Cee Neuner is about gardening. Our most exciting cutting is featured in this post, but I’d like to tell the story behind the pictures first. Not every picture tells its own story!
About two years ago my mother received an orchid for Christmas. Once it had finished flowering, a friend cut off the dead part of the stems hoping for more flowers. Instead of new flower buds, a baby plant appeared on each stem. Last autumn (fall) Hubby removed them and we brought them home (on a train journey of over 300 miles). Hubby potted them up in special pots and compost. A few weeks ago I noticed that one of them has a new stem with at least one flower bud. That makes all the effort worthwhile.